Thursday, 13 March 2014

An oily-skinned girl's guide to flawless skin


I'm one of those girls who is blessed with oily skin. I may accept this in the future when my skin looks better for it, however right now I have to deal with my face being the same consistency of an oil slick. Yuck.


Fortunately, I've perfected my foundation routine, and in doing this I can have flawless make-up that lasts all day!


After I have washed my face, I use Model's Prefer Matte Me, a pore minimising moisturiser with MP and aqua flex. This has become my favourite moisturiser, and at $24.95 from Priceline it's a great price. It really does keep oilyness at bay, as well as minimising pores. 



If you have oily skin, I 100% recommend the Revlon Colourstay range of foundations. I recently brought Revlon Colorstay Whipped from the Priceline 40% off sale. I apply this using my Real Techniques buffing brush (I purchase all my Real Techniques brushes from iHerb), and then I blend it in using my Beauty Blender, which is my one true love when it comes to flawless skin. I purchased the Beauty Blender from Sephora whilst on holidays in Canada, however you can purchase it in Australia from the Crush Cosmetics I've tried the dupes, and honestly nothing compares to this! You run it under a tap, squeeze it out and towel dry so it's damp and use it to buff your foundation in. I love this and it has become a foundation routine must have. 



Next, concealer. I have relatively well behaved skin, however have dark circles under my eyes, for which I use the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer in 'brightening' with my Model's Prefer blending brush. I also use my Beauty Blender to buff it all out perfectly. 


After this, I set my skin using the Australis Ready Set Go finishing powder, using my Real Techniques contour brush - I don't know why but I find this brush is perfect for buffing in translucent powder, especially for under the eyes and around the nose. 

Lastly, using my Real Techniques buffing brush, I buff in my Mac Studio Fix powder. This stuff is a god send, I have been using it for years and I love it. 


To finish off, if I want my skin to appear nice and glowy, I spray my skin with Mac Fix +. This is NOT a setting spray, it's a water based spray that makes your skin look dewy, reduces the chances of your foundation oxidising, and gives your skin a lovely glow. 


I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoy these products!

4 comments:

  1. great blog post but did you forget to mention your primer ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I usually don't wear a primer, as I really don't notice a difference when I don't :) xx

      Delete
    2. its just because I noticed it in the last picture, I thought you might have left it out by mistake.

      Delete
    3. Oh I am so silly! I purchased that yesterday at the Priceline sale and accidentally put it in the photo! I'm excited to use it though, its the Face of Australia primer :) xx

      Delete